Director of Information Security
Responsible for the policy, implementation, and oversight of the information systems security program for a Division or large Sector.
1. Provides leadership to assigned Division or Sector to leverage IT resources in order to improve the security of information systems.
2. Directs the development and implementation of the information systems security program for the Division or Sector.
3. Proposes IT policies, standards, and procedures related to information systems security.
4. Advises senior management on major information systems security decisions.
5. Directs all phases of planning and accomplishment of the information systems security functions and activities of the Division or Sector and recommends final decisions on most highly controversial policy matters.
6. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate manager(s).
7. Directs the assessment of information systems to ensure that appropriate security functions have been included in the systems design and architecture.
8. Establishes, monitors and evaluates the performance of information systems in support of information systems security program accomplishments based on appropriate measures.
9. Audits compliance with executive, legislative and company mandates affecting information systems security.
10. Responsible for the efficient management and safeguarding of resources and assures internal controls meet company standards.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
12-15 years of related experience in data security administration, including at least supervisory 5 years of successful mid to large ($1M) program management, with proven experience managing complex information security projects.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.