The Office Coordinator in our Northern Virginia office supports the Washington Region Office Administrator in all areas of office administration, including office services and facilities, and serves as the liaison between the firm-wide department managers and external vendors.
• Assist with the recruiting of non-exempt business services employees.
• Coordinate on-boarding for business services employees, attorneys, and summer associates.
• Resolve general staff issues.
• Sign assistant time cards.
• Monitor business services employees’ attendance, vacations, and other absences from the office.
• Manage workflow and ensure that timekeeper needs are met.
• Assist with various office Citizenship committees to organize and publicize events.
• Coordinate office events, including reviewing vendor proposals and contracts, researching creative event ideas, managing the logistics of event from start to finish, and tracking and updating attendance lists.
• Review and approve vendor invoices.
• Assist with day-to-day facilities issues such as building security, cleaning and maintenance, heating and air conditioning, emergency preparedness, and general tenant issues.
• Arrange for repairs and maintenance of the office space such as painting, carpet cleaning, furniture repair, etc.
• Oversee the scheduling of conference rooms and visiting attorney offices, including catering requests for client and administrative meetings.
• All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
• Special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED SKILLS
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with a service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to juggle multiple assignments and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, flexibility, and maintain confidential information at all times.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Experience working in an applicant tracking software (i.e., viRecruit) preferred.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• College degree preferred.
HOURS Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including one hour for lunch, with flexibility for overtime as needed. This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.