Marketing & Business Development Senior Coordinator- Communications & TMT
The Senior M&BD Coordinator will be part of a global team working collaboratively to ensure that objectives and plans for practice and industry sector marketing and BD are delivered. In particular, the individual will work as an integral part of the Global TMT M&BD team, working with their counterparts in London and acting as a key contact point for the TMT ISG in the US.
PROFILE RAISING AND MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
• Create and implement integrated marketing campaigns for the Communications practice and TMT sector to help raise our profile and awareness among our key target audiences, and generate opportunities to meet potential clients.
• Develop and maintain Communications practice and TMT sector marketing collateral, including credentials, practice overviews, brochures, website content, etc.
• Facilitate the production and distribution of client alerts. Ensure integration of content throughout internal and external channels, including social media.
• Strategic development and execution of practice and TMT sector-oriented client seminars, webinars, association activities, and other marketing-oriented events and programs, including program materials, concept development, vendor selection, day-of support and follow up, metrics-driven program reporting and post-program business development opportunity tracking.
• Draft and coordinate directory submissions for ranking organizations/publications.
• Work to develop and oversee the implementation of an effective profile raising plan for the Communications practice and TMT sector, including our approach to directories, awards, industry/practice memberships, and sponsorships.
• Evaluate sponsorships and opportunities, negotiate agreements, and manage participation in sponsorships and directories in order to ensure that the firm maximizes return on its investment.
CLIENT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
• Work with your TMT M&BD colleagues, practice and sector leaders, and lawyers across the firm, to identify opportunities to expand client relationships across disciplines and jurisdictions. In particular, help manage the global TMT client program and act as a client account manager for some of the firm’s key clients in those sectors.
• Develop and implement client targeting initiatives and campaigns; help to identify new business opportunities.
• Work with partners to develop individual objectives and targeting plans and work closely with them to ensure successful pursuit of the plans.
• Create and maintain compelling credentials, pitch materials, and proposals for the Communications practice and TMT sector.
• In conjunction with the pitch team and other M&BD colleagues as appropriate, help to manage our responses to RFPs, customized pitches, and business development presentations, including shaping our strategy and approach to the pitch and the delivery of high quality proposal documents and presentations.
• Encourage full and effective use of the firm’s CRM database (InterAction).
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING
• Serve as an M&BD subject matter expert for the Communications practice and TMT sector.
• Participate in Communications practice and TMT sector meetings and meetings of the wider Government Regulatory (Gov Reg) Practice Group.
• Work to ensure that there is an efficient framework for internal reporting and communication of M&BD activities, capabilities, and successes through regular internal newsletters (including Gov Reg Currents) and developing the Communications practice and TMT intranet sites.
• Liaise with others across the M&BD team to ensure communication of best practice in areas such as new business pitches, business generation, thought leadership, and client care.
PLANNING AND BUDGETING
• Develop and manage the implementation of the Communications practice M&BD plan and budget, regularly monitoring and reporting on progress.
• Deliver meaningful market, client, and competitive intelligence, research and analysis as required to support the planning process and other M&BD initiatives.
• Working closely with the global sector M&BD team and TMT ISG leadership, provide input and support into the development, implementation and monitoring of the TMT ISG business and M&BD plan and budget
ADDITIONAL MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
• Manage and contribute to wider marketing and BD projects as required.
• Participate in our Global Citizenship program – a program dedicated to community investment and social justice
• 5+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a legal or professional/business services sector.
• Working knowledge of and exposure to TMT industries a plus.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• Ability to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
• Pragmatic, diplomatic, and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
• Ability to contribute to the overall growth of our team by collaborating effectively with colleagues and facilitating teamwork.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and research skills, and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
• Strong project management experience.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in InDesign, iPublish, and InterAction is desirable.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Must be flexible to work additional hours and travel occasionally. This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.