Instructional Designer/ Subject Matter Expert
Designs and develops instructional approaches and interactive courseware to meet training requirements. 1. Designs and develops instructional approaches and/or strategies to meet training requirements.2. Conducts analysis of training requirements and media requirements.3. Develops appropriate training objectives and test methods and designs instructionally valid training materials.4. Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.5. Designs and develops computer based training, web-based training, electronic performance support systems and other technology-based learning solutions.6. Develops flow diagrams and story boards.7. Designs instructionally sound lessons in a variety of delivery media.8. Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced personnel.10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.11. Participates in special projects as required. The candidate:
- Will work on base at Naval Station Great Lakes.
- Shall serve as GDIT’s single point of contact between contracting team and the Government course lead.
- Will have significant Navy experience as one of the following: Electronics Technician (ET), Interior Communications Electrician (IC), Fire Control Technician (FC), Gunner’s Mate (GM) and Information Systems Technician (IT).
- Will have Navy leadership and instructor experience.
- Requires experience as an instructor and/or curriculum developer.
- Excellent written communication skills are a requirement of employment.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with a qualifying background investigation (NACLC or higher) within the last 10 years to meet eligibility requirements for an IT Level II Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.