Interior Designer, Camp Humphreys, S. Korea
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is hiring for full-time Interior Designer to join the GDIT team. This position is located in Pyongtaek, South Korea and the United States. Be a part of an exciting opportunity. This project will move the military hospital from Seoul to Camp Humphreys. This hospital services all active military and their families. The complexity of this project will be moving a working hospital with no distribution to patient care. Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks. At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple projects and tasks and supervising more than 25 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and including two or more subordinate supervisors and managers. Technical difficulty/complexity of assigned tasks/projects may also affect level selection.
- Directly responsible for the professional comprehensive interior design (CID) services per contractual requirements in Camp Humphreys, Korea.
- Support on-site project manager directly to plan, coordinate, oversee installation, and complete all interior design requirements.
- Use and validate the Government-provided comprehensive furniture design and coordinate the finishes for furniture/fixtures, medical and non-medical equipment, IM/IT, security and other identified items as may be determined necessary to support the project. The furniture design will be used for coordination with all items within this project scope to coordinate with finishes validated in the Comprehensive Interior Design (CID).
- Review the building CID package, furniture and equipment plans, noting any discrepancies between them. Work with the GDIT project managers on any discrepancies and track to complete resolution.
- Verify the finishes for furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) as may be determined necessary to support the project. Coordination with the building CID package is required to meet designed fabrics and colors.
- Validate the building CID package with the current building design documents. Confirm that the as-designed plans for the identified facility, as they relate to this task, are consistent with the current infrastructure requirements prior to provisioning. Notify the project manager of discrepancies and track to complete resolution.
- Using the Government’s artwork design, finalize an artwork package for the new hospital facility per designated locations on loose furniture plans created by Inventory the existing facility’s artwork and historical artifacts for potential reuse. Provide recommendations to the Government.
- Identify any blocking, structural or otherwise construction contract related coordination required. Identify and documents any lighting and/or significant memorabilia that requires signage or labeling.
- Plan for and route recommendations for the commissioning of pieces of custom artwork.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the Korean art culture and common art styles and designs is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical facilities interior design.
- Excellent verbal communications and facilitation skills with all levels of authority.
- Excellent written communication skills in technical documentation. Superb MS Word skills to allow for document formatting and production.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Must be able to meet the requirements for SOFA status