Sr Analyst, Loss Mitigation
- Perform loan reviews of hardship requests for real estate and consumer loans to verify that PenFed, FNMA, VA, CFPB and FHA underwriting guideline requirements have been met, as evidenced by the documentation in the loan file.
- Underwrite real estate applications, including loss mitigation/financial hardship applications.
- Verify all required documents are present or have been completed as required. Validate system completion to ensure adherence to all policies.
- Follow up with all loan modification documents for pertinent signatures and recording, if needed.
- Notate all activity and interaction with member in the appropriate systems (Fiserv, Penguin, FDR, Unifi, Nautilus).
- Assist with the development and implementation of real estate underwriting guidelines, training documentation, and classes for the department.
- Create reports of loan reviews for Lending Services management.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to receive and respond to financial hardship related correspondence and answer member inquiries.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, or other related field is preferred; a combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Loss Mitigation is required.
- Maintain a current knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning real estate related lending.
* This position will mentor new members of the Loss Mitigation team however there are no supervisory responsibilities.
Licenses and Certifications
• National Mortgage Origination License (SAFE/NMLS) is required.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Local travel to various worksites is required.
About UsEstablished in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.