ELEVATOR MECHANIC (ELECTRONICS), WG-5301-10/11/12
The mission of the Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America's Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. Under the leadership of Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, LEED AP, the roles and responsibilities of the Architect of the Capitol cover an expansive and diverse portfolio. The AOC is responsible for the maintenance, operation, development and preservation of 17.4 million square feet of buildings and more than 553 acres of land throughout Capitol Hill. The AOC provides a welcoming and educational environment for millions of visitors through the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center and the US Botanic Garden. The AOC also provides professional expertise on the preservation of architectural and artistic elements entrusted to its care. Learn more at www.aoc.gov.
The AOC prides itself on its Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Pride and Professionalism.
The PROFESSIONALISM and INTEGRITY of each AOC employee demonstrates our dedication to providing quality services and our commitments to holding ourselves to the highest standards.
We recognize that we do our best work through TEAMWORK, each of us lending our individual strengths and talents to the greater goal of the entire team. We respect each other and rely on each other in our efforts to make the AOC a center of excellence.
We take PRIDE in what we do and in the honor of serving Congress, the Supreme Court, and the American people each and every day.
- Not Required
You must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the job announcement.
SCREEN-OUT: Ability to perform the work of elevator mechanic (electronics) without more than normal supervision which includes working independently, showing job responsibility and exercising initiative.
TOUR OF DUTY: Monday through Friday - 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm
This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol under the jurisdiction of the Library Buildings and Grounds, Facilities Operations Division, Elevator Branch. The incumbent is responsible for the repair, adjustment, maintenance and inspection of elevators, lifts, escalators and other related equipment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Interprets electronic diagrams and specifications of elevator bank systems. Evaluates, adjusts and repairs new systems. Alters detailed schematics and maintenance procedures.
- Corrects deficiencies found in automated test equipment and computer programs.
- Troubleshoots errors in electronic systems. Corrects and/or repairs integrated digital control systems.
- Identifies and resolves elevator operational problems, including power buildup, changes in platform leveling, sudden stops, changes in elevator speed, etc.
- Responds to mechanical information gathered from engineering and inspection reports.
- Performs annual and five year inspections with elevator inspector.