Supervisory Litigation Support Specialist
1 day left
- Full Time
Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!
The Department of Justice (DOJ), National Security Division, is seeking to hire a highly qualified Supervisory Litigation Support Specialist within the Counterterrorism Section to implement technical solutions for electronic productions in order to improve overall litigation support, case and records management for the office.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
To qualify for the GS-13 level: You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service performing the following: 1) Providing advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters; 2) Providing oversight to ensure that current litigation administrative needs of an office are met; and 3) Assisting attorneys with trial preparation with specialized litigation support technology.
Highly Desirable: Experience with Litigation Support software packages, such as Concordance, Relativity, and Trial Director.
This is a supervisory position. A probationary period is required before initial appointment as a supervisory or manager becomes final.
You MUST meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in an ineligible rating. Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement if you are using experience to meet all or part of the qualification requirements. Please ensure that your resume includes the month and year that you began and ended each position held or that position will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision to a group of employees.
- Provide advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters.
- Perform training sessions for attorneys, paralegals, and other support staff in the operation of various support procedures and software applications.
- Perform duties related to and manage the collection and preservation of investigatory data, document imaging services and electronic file processing.
- Perform loading of imaged and e-docs data into a litigation support system.
- Evaluate procedures and computer specifications designed to ensure data entry and index consistency.
- Oversees the administrative program operations that provide the information systems support for case administration, litigation and statistical analysis.
- Determine support services policies, program goals, and short/long term goals.
- Provide feedback and evaluate employee performance.