AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN - PARTS SERVICE
- Qualified as a parts counter person
- Excellent communication skills
- Two years of experience in related area
- Skill in using tools of the trade
The Automotive Services Technician – Parts Service reports to the Parts Supervisor.
Exposure to battery acid, electric shock, and flammable liquids such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and cleaning fluids, driving vehicles during inclement and severe weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 80 pounds in special circumstances. The employee is regularly required to climb in, on and under vehicles, work on concrete floors, perform road service, and work in inclement weather conditions.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Automotive Services Technician is responsible for providing service to the line mechanic and external customer by providing parts, support, and tire repair as required. Automotive Service Technicians may be required to work in any of the other Automotive Service areas.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders stock and inventory parts
- Maintains an orderly, organized warehouse
- Maintains a database and reviews parts usage to recommend additions and deletions to the inventory
- Tests and determines automotive battery condition and removes batteries that cannot hold charge
- Researches part numbers and parts using parts manuals
- Assists the Parts Supervisor in performing cyclic inventories and assumes responsibility of Parts Supervisor as needed
- Performs related tasks as directed and fills in for other Automotive Service Technicians as needed
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 11
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -