Program Associate, Clinical Affairs
Do you want to use your administrative and planning skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Program Assistant in our Clinical Affairs department. This person will provide administrative and program support to a number of ASCO committees, workgroups and task forces.
What you will do:
- Provide administrative support and coordination for ASCO committees and its workgroups by scheduling leadership and workgroup calls, maintaining the committee database, distributing agendas and preparing meeting/call minutes and summaries.
- Support ASCO task force meetings including scheduling monthly meetings and coordinating/developing meeting agendas.
- Provide general assistance and administrative support to Clinical Affairs department staff on special projects/programs
- Assist volunteers and staff with travel and hotel needs, process expense reports and prepare invoices for payment.
- Maintain and update Clinical Affairs-related content on ASCO’s website and coordinate website updates within/across divisions in the department.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- 1-2 years of experience in administrative support or committee/meeting planning, society experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe, WebEx preferred
- Superior communication skills; including oral, written, and listening
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to manage own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals
- Commitment to work within a team to meet timelines and deliverables with a strong focus on customer service