Senior Executive Assistant to a High-Ranking Government Official
The Government of Ras Al Khaimah is seeking a talented and highly motivated professional to serve as a Senior Executive Assistant to a High-Ranking Government Official. This is both a demanding and rewarding role, in which the successful candidate will provide a senior government official with essential support and advice contributing to the overall development of the emirate.
The candidate will be expected to prepare and edit government statements, media releases, and other government briefings, in addition to supporting with official administrative tasks. An ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines is essential. The successful candidate should have strong English language skills and previous experience in strategic communications, public or government relations, or research.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of the northern emirates in the United Arab Emirates and is located about an hour from Dubai. It boasts dramatic mountains, sweeping deserts, and sunny coastal beaches. It has a rich cultural heritage and tradition of international trade. As the emirate continues to evolve and diversify its economy, the local government seeks to implement sustainable development policies and promote public-private partnerships.
Key responsibilities and duties:
The Senior Executive Assistant will support the high-ranking government official across a wide range of tasks, including:
- Drafting memoranda, correspondence, presentations, handouts, and other documents, often of a highly sensitive and confidential nature
- Writing and editing executive speeches for various occasions and government functions
- Determining the priority and routes of incoming correspondence and requests, and referring matters as appropriate
- Producing official correspondence in the form of letters and e-mails
- Taking notes and assisting with the documentation of high-level government meetings and events
- Assisting with content development for specialized government publications, media releases, and online platforms
- Coordinating with other executive and support staff to ensure a high-performing work environment
- Maintaining highly effective working relationships with officials from other governmental agencies, executives and managers, business and community organizations, and others
- Helping to establish and maintain consistent, high-quality English communication standards
Required knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree desirable)
- Minimum five years in a similar role, preferably in research, communications, or a diplomatic setting
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Demonstrated success remaining flexible in fast-paced work environments while maintaining high standards under pressure, including capacity to set priorities, work to tight deadlines, and multitask
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including the ability to research, analyze, and effectively integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Discrete, politically astute, and capable of maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with senior leaders and individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Motivated, well-organized, and dependable
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Advanced in using different computer programs and technologies, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Additional preferred knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Knowledge of international and regional diplomatic protocols
- Previous international work experience considered particularly advantageous
- Arabic language skills, listening and speaking in particular
- Speech writing experience is strongly preferable.
The position comes with a generous remuneration package that includes health insurance, relocation expenses, one-month leave, and an annual plane ticket to country of origin.
Please send a cover letter, CV, the names and contact details of three references (including the nature and length of their relationship to the applicant), and two recent writing samples that demonstrate the applicant’s ability to meet the varied responsibilities of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until Monday, August 28, 2017. Initial interviews will be conducted over the phone or via Skype, and finalists will be flown to Ras Al Khaimah for an in-person interview.
Apply for Senior Executive Assistant to a High-Ranking Government Official
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly