Senior Practice Associate, Clinical Social Work
Position No: 1418
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS
750 First Street NE, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20002
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Title: Senior Practice Associate for FLSA Status: Exempt
Clinical Social Work (Union)
Division/Department/Unit: Programs/Practice/Clinical Position Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Clinical Manager Pay Level: VII
The clinical social worker provides professional expertise in specific practice and policy areas to guide social work practice, programs, and social policy through a synthesis of practice and policy information, advocacy, development of standards and policies, legislative and regulatory support, group participation and networking. Work is performed under the supervision of the Clinical Manager.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Systematically collects, analyzes, and disseminates practice information to social workers, policy-makers, organizations, and the public through a variety of written, oral, and electronic means. Conducts practice-related research and analysis to develop practice materials and position papers.
- Advocates for social workers in a variety of contexts for an appropriate practice environment. Provides technical expertise to NASW Chapters, members, organizations, and other relevant divisions within the Association.
- Interprets legislative and regulatory issues related to social work practice and provides NASW’s perspective on these issues to policy making communities, major decision-making bodies, and NASW members.
- Works directly on specialty projects related to the practice of clinical social which include private practice, reimbursement, third-party payers, outcome measures, coding issues, mental health, technology, federal and state statutes and regulations, policy statements, practice standards, documentation, technology, and clinical issues.
- Works closely with high level government officials and organizations in developing national policies for clinical social workers.
- Participates in the development of outcome measures for the social work profession, serving as an expert in this area.
- Develops practice standards, policy statements, practice updates and alerts as needed. Collaborates and coordinates activities with relevant departments to implement these products.
- Engages in professional outreach and response. Incorporates the acquired information into agenda setting and program design.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Manager.
MINIMUM WORK REQUIREMENTS
- Skills: Ability to conduct studies and analyze complex materials including legislative and regulatory proposals. Must have skills in the areas of oral and written communication, public speaking, research and assessment, and the ability to summarize information into clear, organized, factually sound, persuasive and objective reports.
- Knowledge: Minimum of a master’s degree in social work required from an accredited school of social work and a clinical license. Computer literacy and knowledge of NASW’s policies, procedures, and organizational structure required.
- Experience: Requires a minimum of 10 years of post-graduate, professional social work experience preferably in a mental health or private practice setting. Working experience required with the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-5th Edition, the International Classification of Diseases-10thEdition-Clinical Modification, Current Procedural Terminology Codes, and third-party payer reimbursement procedures. Familiarity with outcome measures, supervision, and the use of technology within social work practice.
Please submit two samples of written products you have developed, a cover letter, resume, and salary history to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include position announcement number 1418.
NASW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for Senior Practice Associate, Clinical Social Work
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly