We are a successfully established Addiction Treatment Facility with two residential locations in Northern Virginia. We have a love and respect for our chefs! We recognize the great value that well prepared, healthy food that tastes great brings to helping others heal. Our chefs are incredibly passionate and dedicated individuals.
We are looking for an experienced chef who is passionate about nutritious cooking that is focused on improving the health of our clients.
Our chefs work as a unified team to create quarterly cycle menus that are approved by our nutritionist. There is no room for over rated traditional chef egos nor chefs that are territorial in the kitchen. Our attitude is that the kitchen belongs to the purpose of helping clients enjoy nutritious food that tastes really good! In addition, unlike other culinary experiences you may have been exposed to, our culinary staff performs duties to include inventory management, food shopping and cleaning routines as part of their weekly responsibilities.
If you want to be appreciated, love your career in the kitchen, and are looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your skills, dependability and passion for professional service to our clients, please send us your resume and two references (chef instructors or past employers). We are looking for great attitudes, a teachable spirit, and cooking aptitude; the rest we can teach you on the job while you get paid.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
1. At least 6 months of experience as a; Fry, Sauté, or Broil cook
2. Two year Culinary School Graduate or equivalent
3. Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language effectively; computer literate.
4. A basic understanding of math, ability to follow a standard recipe, basic baking and cooking methodology (scratch cooking) as well as how to complete a purchase order from the weekly menus.
5. Serv Safe® certification or Northern Virginia Food Manager's card.
6. Able to work independently and with limited direction.
7. Occasionally hold a participatory educational cooking class with clients.
8. Possess a lifelong learning approach to food preparation.
9. Be able to cook meals from our standard recipes for up to 25 people per meal period.
10. Be able to have food ready for service at designated times for lunch and dinner.
11. Be able to lift up to 45 pounds from the floor to the counter.
The current schedule is Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30am to 7:30pm (the schedule allows for breaks / downtime). This schedule may rotate periodically as part time support changes.
Full-time employees are offered a benefits package that includes paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance benefits, a Health Savings Account (HSA) and 401k plan.
Due to the nature of our business the following requirements must be met before final employment offers can be made; motor vehicle record release, drug testing, TB testing, criminal background check, and client confidentiality agreement.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Amber Mitton for consideration. Screening of applicants will take place upon receipt. A formal interview may include a cooking stage.
Apply for Chef
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly