Sr. Program Manager- Data Center
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. GDIT is seeking an individual to lead a large infrastructure and middleware team that provides support to a large healthcare client. In this position, you will have overall responsibility for day-to-day operations and will also lead the effort to transform the team from a traditional data center support model to a more DevOps and Cloud-focused approach. Job Description
Collaborates with the Project IT Director, Program Oversight Lead, Production Support Leads, and Systems Security Officer Oversees the troubleshooting of major system incidents Provides architectural and security oversight in order to meet federal and agency requirements Writes technical proposal verbiage and prices labor, subcontractor and ODC costs Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to client and senior management as requested Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances Manages and tracks Infrastructure risks Ensures Infrastructure team implements and maintains necessary safeguards to protect sensitive data Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits Participates in Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery documentation and testing
- Manages a team of over 75 technical infrastructure engineering and O&M resources and subordinate Managers responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area, including
Telecoms circuitsMid-tier hardware & Operating SystemsMainframe hardware & Operating SystemsDatabasesMiddlewareWeb HostingApplication Deployments including DevOps and Continuous IntegrationLAN and WAN networkingAWS Cloud migration
- Data Center
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in data center operations, IT infrastructure management, systems engineering or IT program management
- PMP Preferred
- Visionary knowledge and ability to develop and implement strategic plans that benefit the Project, and GDIT, in areas such as DevOPs, Continuous Integration and AWS Cloud migration
- Understands Data Center best practices and determines organization standards in the areas of computer operations.
- Effective supervisory and team leadership skills
- Effective administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills with an emphasis on communicating complex technical issues and solutions to senior management and customer program management
- Knowledge of federal information systems technical architecture and/or CMS Technical Reference Architecture preferred
- Knowledge of federal information systems security and/or HHS or CMS requirements such as FISMA, NIST 800-53, CMS Acceptable Risk Safeguards (ARS), HIPAA, IRS FTI Pub 1075