Talent Acquisition Specialist
Summary PenFed is a looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist in Alexandria, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for candidate recruitment, and developing and implementing sourcing strategies that lead to the achievement of business objectives. Partner with hiring managers and business leaders to develop and deliver a talent acquisition strategy and execution plan to hire top talent. This position will manage the recruitment process for internal and external candidates and will directly interact with top leadership, including PenFed executives, to drive business growth. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct the sourcing and recruiting for high quality talent for open positions including attending career fairs, phone screening, interviewing, offer development and negotiation, and closing/offer acceptance.
- Serve as the liaison between candidates, hiring managers, and human resources staff.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice in a true partnership with hiring managers and senior leaders.
- Communicate with recruiting team, participate in recruiting best practices and provide accurate, thorough documentation on candidate in applicant tracking systems and other documentation tools.
- Prepare job postings, specifications for recruitment agencies, and other materials in accordance with the organization’s recruitment standards.
- Partner with management to anticipate the hiring needs of the various departments to ensure coverage on all current and future open positions.
- Maintain active and ongoing pipeline of quality candidates in support of business needs.
- Execute recruiting strategies in order deliver top-quality talent and meet hiring plans in a timely and consistent manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive sourcing and recruiting strategies consistent with our company’s recruiting brand to meet business objectives.
- Monitor and report on recruitment for all talent acquisition and achieve weekly and monthly goals and metrics.
- Proactively seek out industry information and best practices to continue to improve processes.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process, including EEO statistics.
Education and Experience Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field is required.
Minimum of three (3) years’ of recruiting
Ability to build and maintain candidate pipelines for both short and long term hiring needs.
Prior experience recruiting/sourcing in a corporate setting is preferred.
Ability to interact, grow, and influence business leaders at varying levels.
Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems required, Taleo experience preferred.
Proficient in MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.