USAR UNIT ADMINISTRATOR
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 3rd Medical Command (Deployment Support) (MCDS), 48 Command Support Hospital, 338 Medical Brigade located in Fort Meade, MD.
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: technical and advisory services provided in support of a unit or activity in one or more of the following areas: personnel, finance, training or supply. Experience may have been gained in processing personnel or pay actions, maintaining records within a training database, or ordering/issuing and maintaining an inventory of supplies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirements using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Concepts, Policies, and Principles of Payroll
- Customer Service
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
- Technical Credibility
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Advise management on mission policy changes
- Manage various unit support programs
- Maintain calendar/schedule of official and unofficial duties
- Research and analyze data to prepare reports
- Manager personnel records