Cook (CYS) NA-04
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade Local Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
This position is located at Child Youth and School Services, however, other positions within Fort Meade Child and Youth Services may be filled if they become available. This position includes interaction with ages 6 weeks-18 years of age; as well as assisting with cooking clubs and cooking projects.
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
Schedule: Work schedule is from 8:00am to 4:30pm. May work as early as 6:30am (on occasion) and some split shifts if needed.
1st Cut-Off: 08 AUG 2017
2nd Cut-Off: TBD
- Not Required
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Work experience related to the duties described above, including skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment. Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English. Ability to lift and carry up to 40lb. on a routine basis.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of food preparation methods and procedures. Skill to cook a limited variety of prepared foods or short order foods. Ability to read and understand written food service material, such as food labels, standardized recipes, and basic work instructions. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations to multiply ingredients in a recipe or to determine how many servings a container will hold. Knowledge of the various tables of weights and measures and ability to follow instructions to convert from standard to metric measurements. Skill in operating, disassembling and cleaning basic food service equipment such as griddles, broilers, and food grinders. Knowledge of basic sanitation, infection and spoilage control procedures.
Serve Safe Certification
Experience in food systems such as a cafeteria setting
(NOTE: Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and the highly preferred criteria will be considered best qualified for the position and will be referred to management first)
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
6. Satisfactorily complete a health screening.
If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
1. Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing.
2. Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
3. Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use, refrigerators, etc.
4. Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth.
5. Responsible for washing and storage of dishes.