Cook (CYS) NA-04
Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the Fort Meade Local Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
This position is located at Child Youth and School Services, however, other positions within Fort Meade Child and Youth Services may be filled if they become available. This position includes interaction with ages 6 weeks-18 years of age; as well as assisting with cooking clubs and cooking projects.
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
Schedule: Work schedule is from 8:00am to 4:30pm. May work as early as 6:30am (on occasion) and some split shifts if needed.
This announcement will be used to fill full time and part time positions. Part time positions are guaranteed 20 hours per week.
1st Cut-Off: 08 AUG 2017
2nd Cut-Off: TBD
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. A completed and signed copy DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
6. Satisfactorily complete a health screening.
If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of food preparation methods and procedures. Skill to cook a limited variety of prepared foods or short order foods. Ability to read and understand written food service material, such as food labels, standardized recipes, and basic work instructions. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations to multiply ingredients in a recipe or to determine how many servings a container will hold. Knowledge of the various tables of weights and measures and ability to follow instructions to convert from standard to metric measurements. Skill in operating, disassembling and cleaning basic food service equipment such as griddles, broilers, and food grinders. Knowledge of basic sanitation, infection and spoilage control procedures.
Serve Safe Certification
Experience in food systems such as a cafeteria setting
(NOTE: Applicants who meet both the minimum qualifications and the highly preferred criteria will be considered best qualified for the position and will be referred to management first)
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)