Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At th Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nation's premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
*There are not any pharmacists positions available in the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP). This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
Cut off dates are August 31, 2017 and September 30, 2017. Applications received after the cut-off dates will receive consideration through the closing date.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Conditions of Employment:
- Security and Background Requirements: Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. If hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection or appropriate disciplinary action.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- License required: Except for research positions that do not entail patient care, all applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in the State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Bargaining Unit Position: May vary by center
- Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid.
- Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Drug Screening Required: No
Basic Education Requirement: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Medical Requirement: Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
Additional Qualification Requirements for the GS-13: Applicants must possess one (1) year of professional pharmacy specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or equivalent band level in the Federal service which has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skill and ability to perform successfully in this position, coordinating and managing the activities of medical project areas and evaluating the progress to ensure timely completion; evaluating and interpreting contents of submitted professional and consumer labeling information; prepare written analyses and evaluation for professionals and participates in discussions; gathering information, identifying problems and developing scientific, risk-based approaches to assignments which are appropriate and consistent with office policy AND providing advice, consultation, and assistance on post-marketing surveillance of drug products and their applications; preparing summaries describing clinical assessment of adverse reaction analyses; and contributing to the development and improvement of procedures for post-marketing surveillance and the processing and evaluation of adverse drug product reaction reports.
Verification of approved degree programs may be obtained from the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education, 311 West Superior Street, Suite 512, Chicago, Illinois 60610-3537 Phone: (312) 664-3575), or through their Web site at: http://www.acpe-accredit.org.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
- Veteran's Preference: If you plan to apply for any time of Veterans Preference, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. USAJOBS Veterans Site.
- Selective Service Registration: Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. You can learn more by visiting the Selective Service Registration site.
- Schedule A: If you plan to apply under Schedule A based on a disability, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Disability Employment
- Inter-agency and Career Transition Assistance Programs: If you are a displaced Federal employee and plan to apply under CTAP or ICTAP, please pay careful attention to the "Required Documents" section for more information about what to provide in your application. Workforce Restructuring
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes (at 11:59 pm ET on 09/30/2017), a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted, the information will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your eligibility for Federal employment, and then whether or not you are qualified for this particular position.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.