Team Associate II
Team Associate II
Office of Regional Center Operations
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full Time, Grade 9
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Full-Time Team Associate II in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. The Waldorf Center for Higher Education is a dynamic educational environment providing higher education access to the residents of Southern Maryland. The center demonstrates a collaborative effort between both institutions with shared student services and complementary degree offerings. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
* This position will be located at the Waldorf Center *
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide student support services at the Waldorf Center, handling high volume of student concerns, and basic student service needs for both the College of Southern Maryland the University of Maryland University College.
- Promptly greet visitors at the Waldorf Center and ensure the suite is welcoming, professional, and in line with the vision to deliver world-class service to its students.
- Promptly respond to inquiries (internal and external), and provide support as requested.
- Perform general clerical and office management duties.
- Assist with data entry, testing center coverage, and provide project assistance to the Assistant Director.
- Serve as a liaison between the Waldorf Center staff and the IT departments at University of Maryland University College and College of Southern Maryland.
- Carefully document IT issues and report them to the supervisor, and UMUC and CSM IT departments.
- Perform preliminary diagnosis of problems and recommend changes in procedures.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the Waldorf Center IT equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and four (4) years of clerical work experience in a customer service environment.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and excellent phone voice, in terms of tone and clarity is required.
- Experience working independently and possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while displaying a self-motivated, organized and upbeat personality with a desire to encourage others to succeed.
- General knowledge of computer operating systems, application systems, job control software and related hardware.
- Skill in the operation of computer consoles on-line terminals and peripheral equipment; in diagnosing operation problems.
- Ability to lift and transport computer supplies and equipment; to recognize computer system error messages and to take corrective action; to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to work independently; to work under pressure.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing a degree, and experience using a CRM system.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.