The Software Architect oversees technical design, development, and implementation of major software products and solutions for clients/customers.
- Maintains broad knowledge of emerging and well-established technologies and frameworks on the market, design patterns, best practices, and standards
- Working with product management and/or customers/clients, creates a strategy for product architecture, design, and development which incorporates the most viable technologies and frameworks from the market to meet the needs of clients/customers with full understanding of pan-organizational impact and needs
- Oversees the implementation of product architecture strategy across all engineering teams, reviewing the work of individual engineering teams and mentoring other senior/lead software engineers and/or engineering managers
- Interfaces with executives on highest level functional issues, providing recommendations and solutions
- Serves as primary technical resource to all software engineering teams
- Provides product demonstrations and participates in trade shows, seminars, industry panels, and user group meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with a minimum of 11 years of experience designing/architecting Java/J2EE systems in a business environment or a Masters degree and 8 years of experience designing/architecting Java/J2EE systems in a business environment
- 3 years of experience in a business environment with all of the following: developing web applications using the Spring framework
- 2 years of experience in a business environment with all of the following: implementing and troubleshooting web services, experience with XML and related OO technologies, experience writing or maintaining Gradle build scripts and Git/Github repositories
- 1 year of experience in a business environment with all of the following: developing or maintaining web applications using the Struts (1 or 2) framework, experience with JQuery and Ajax, working with Middleware technologies like Kafka or JMS
- Performing code reviews, mentoring junior team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail-oriented
- Experience working within a Scrum team and with Atlassian tools is preferred
EMMES has an outstanding benefits package including: generous tuition reimbursement, professional development and training programs.
Please visit our website at www.emmes.com for additional information on our company, studies and history.
EMMES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V