Sr Systems Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to serve as a Data Archive & Retrieval Systems Administrator supporting a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day enterprise data archive network infrastructure and services for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will perform the following duties:
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Must possess a current TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Support the 1st shift work schedule in a 24x7 Operations Center
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Knowledge of storage, database administration, and server virtualization
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Experience with enterprise data storage planning, design, testing and implementation of SAN, NAS, Virtualization and data center cloud services
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as NetApp, Commvault, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, etc.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.