Litigation Legal Assistant
Come and shine with the stars of LeClairRyan! Since its inception, LeClairRyan has grown exponentially and is now home to over 340 attorneys with offices in 16 states and the District of Columbia. We are excited to announce that LeClairRyan is currently seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant in our Alexandria, Virginia office who will contribute to overall success and help secure the bright future of the Firm.
LeClairRyan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Our Alexandria, Virginia office is located at 2318 Mill Road near historic Old Town Alexandria and conveniently located near the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) and across the street from the Alexandria Division of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia (“EDVA”), popularly known as the “Rocket Docket” for having the fastest time to trial of any court in the country! A benefit of our great location is easy access to public transportation as the Eisenhower Metro Station is 2 blocks away and the King Street Metro Station and Amtrak/VRE Station is a 10 minute walk or very short cab ride from the building. This office location, established in 2010, is home to approximately 30 attorneys whose practice areas range from Intellectual Property and Technology, white collar, business litigation, employment litigation and consumer financial services litigation. The Alexandria office continues to grow, offering our employees continued professional development opportunities.
The Litigation Legal Assistant will support up to four attorneys on our busy commercial litigation practice area team who provide services to their clients in areas that include business litigation, consumer financial services litigation and professional liability defense.
The Litigation Legal Assistant will contribute to the success of the team by completing tasks that include but are not limited to:
- Performing secretarial duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents.
- Preparing legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas.
- Coordinating and managing routine administrative work, such as opening matters, maintaining electronic and physical files, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, and time and data entry.
- The position may also assist with legal research, as needed.
- 5-7 years of relevant legal experience required.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidate must be a highly skilled typist; transcription experience is a plus.
- LeClairRyan uses Nuance pdf Converter, Adobe Pro/Reader, WorkSite/FileSite document management system, Elite billing software and Westlaw so proficiency with these programs is preferred or experience with similar legal programs required.
- Successful candidates must have superior organizational skills, display great attention to detail, possess professional client interaction skills, and be able to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting last minute deadlines.
- Candidate must have experience with the various ECF systems for Federal and local courts (e.g. PACER, CaseFileXpress).
- Experience with Serengeti billing software is a plus.
LeClairRyan does not accept unsolicited resume submittals from contracted or non-contracted agencies. LeClairRyan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.