Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Commercial Analyst to be responsible for tracking and analyzing client purchases and the performance of commercial initiatives and new product launches. This position reports to the Manager, Pricing and Decision Support.
- Obtain customer and subscription data from multiple sources and analyzes the data to understand the dynamics as commercial strategies are deployed and customers migrate to newly launched product offerings.
- Perform analysis and reporting utilizing a sound understanding of Bloomberg BNA’s product offerings, prices and pricing policies, and Order to Cash systems to delivery.
- Distill data into actionable information, focusing on emerging trends, variances to expectations, and other key insights.
- Responsible for analyzing monthly dynamics of customer subscriptions.
- Review and report on information to assist in the monitoring of the effectiveness of commercial strategies and creates reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders in other functions including Finance, Customer Operations, Pricing and Sales.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
4+ years’ experience in an appropriate combination of relevant research, analytical, and technical functions, including experience with spreadsheets and database applications in use at BBNA; strong analytical skills including data modeling, data mining, ability to organize and analyze complex datasets, ability to research, review and assemble information and determine logical conclusions and recommendations; familiarity with subscription revenue models; strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools especially Excel (including pivot tables and macros), PowerPoint and Word; demonstrated experience working with databases (including building queries, understanding data structures); excellent attention to detail; ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously under stringent deadlines and shifting priorities; ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with an ability to build relationships and collaborate with others; excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively; strong organizational skills; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in IT, statistics, liberal arts, business, marketing, or research methods, or equivalent experience.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.