Deputy Program Manager
This position will directly manage projects within the border security line of business, which includes the Remote Video Surveillance System (RVSS) Upgrade program under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP). (https://gdit.com/rvss/) Located on elevated towers and building structures, the RVSS advanced wide-area electro-optical and infrared multi-sensor camera system provides Border Patrol agents with persistent ground-surveillance and real-time video analytics to effectively detect, track, identify, classify and respond to missions along U.S. borders. The Deputy Program Manager serves as the primary interface with the RVSS customer and also directly lead the planning and execution of deployment and sustainment activities on the program. The candidate must possess or be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated CBP Background Investigation upon hire, which includes federal and state criminal and financial background checks. See https:www.opm.gov for more detail.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Serve as primary client liaison and lead customer meetings.
- Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.
- Participates in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- 8-10 years of related technical project management experience, including supervisory experience.
- Possess active, favorable CBP Background Investigation suitability determination or provide assurance of ability to obtain one upon hire.