Desktop Support Administrator
As a Desktop Support Administrator you will provide Tier 2 level user and hardware support of Windows based network systems. Responsibilities included installing and configuring computers; and monitoring network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers; scanners; and related hardware. Configuring CISCO switch ports; additionally pulls cables and rewires; or guides the work of others in the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfiguration. Troubleshoots computer hardware and software issues including; e-mail; network and peripheral equipment; and makes repairs and corrections where required. Coordinates priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completion; acts as a primary interface for both internal and external customers. Must be self-motivated and have a capacity to determine the correct course of action on their own; as well as work through issues with minimal help from others.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Security+ CE Certification required; DoD compliance 8570.01M applies
- MS Server 2008 R2/2012R2 Operating Systems experience
- MS Windows 7 SP1; Windows 10 Operating System experience
- Requires a strong working knowledge of information systems and application fundamentals
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification desired
- Pursues ongoing education in technical topics
- Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange experience
- Microsoft Office / Outlook experience