Assistant Director for Exhibitions
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."Learn more about this agency
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
*Must include the size in (sq. ft.) of exhibitions you have worked within your resume.*
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Flexible Spending Accounts -
Health Insurance -
Life Insurance -
Long Term Care Insurance -
Retirement Program -
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants must meet the required Screen-Out-Factor to be minimally qualified.
SELECTIVE FACTOR: Ability to manage the full cycle of major multi-year, multi-million dollar artifact or specimen-based exhibition projects from start to finish.
For applicants that meet the Selective Factor above, your resume will be used to evaluate your experience, education, and/or training that address the competencies below:
- Skill in all areas of exhibit planning for large, complex, specimen or artifact-based exhibitions, including content development, visitor testing, design, lighting, conservation, graphics, audio-visual, project management, cost estimating, production, and exhibition space planning that includes security, electrical, mechanical and structural engineering requirements.
- Knowledge of budget development and financial accounting sufficient to develop budgets for multi-million dollar exhibit projects, and to monitor spending and controls.
- Ability to develop short and long-range strategies and to effectively communicate exhibition ideas to senior management and staff in terms of mission relatedness, design, fabrication and budget., and to effectively negotiate timeframes, responsibilities, and resources.
- Ability to supervise a diverse staff directly and through subordinate supervisors.
- Skill in development and oversight of large, complex contracts to assure appropriate fulfillment of contract terms, typically through subordinate COTRs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation
Not ready to apply?Email me to apply later