Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
GS-05: one year of specialized experience at least the (GS-04) grade level or the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent in other pay systems that involved experience in performing nonprofessional, technical duties in the preparation and review of specifications and cost estimates for service contracts, monitor status of a variety of projects and programs.
GS-06: one year of specialized experience at least the (GS-05) grade level or the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent in other pay systems that involved experience in development of effective plans for in-house maintenance, repair, minor construction, and for identification of annual and long range work requirements.
GS-07: one year of specialized experience at least the (GS-06) grade level or the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent in other pay systems that D that involved experience involved experience in inspecting base real property assets and plan self-help and other small contracted projects for these assets. Performed Qualify Assurance Evaluation (QAE) activities related to base service contracts, grounds maintenance, custodial services, refuse/recycle, and other service contracts.
GS-08: one year of specialized experience at least the GS-07 grade level or the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent in other pay systems that involved experience as a draftsperson, surveying technician, construction estimator, physical science technician, or mathematical technician. My experience was in a trade or craft as a planner and estimator that analyzed designs for production purposes or an instrument maker or model maker that has performed design or development work on devices fabricated.
GS-09: one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (GS-08) or in the Federal Service that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of an Engineering Technician. Specialized experience includes accomplishing important multiple craft studies and design work of complex conventional nature, provide technical expertise to the contracting officer during negotiations of the deliver orders, and perform construction management of those delivery orders once negotiated.
GS-10: one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (GS-09) or in the Federal Service that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of an Engineering Technician. Specialized experience includes experience as a draftsperson, surveying technician, construction estimator, physical science technician, or mathematical technician. My experience was in a trade or craft as a planner and estimator that analyzed designs for production purposes or an instrument maker or model maker that has performed design or development work on devices fabricated.
GS-11: one year of specialized engineering experience equivalent to a (GS-10) or equivalent pay grade under other pay systems that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience includes collecting, analyzing, engineering data, preparing designs, sketches, specifications, construction cost estimates, negotiating contracts and performing project management, inspection monitoring and controlling all phases of design and construction operations.
Click on the following link to view education and/or experience for this position:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
TO QUALIFY FOR THE ACQDEMO POSITION (NH-II - NH IV LEVEL): In addition to meeting basic requirements, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems in contracting positions in accordance with OPM Operating Manual, Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions, General Policies and Instructions. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. In all cases, the quality of experience must clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and / or competencies necessary for successful job performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of engineering methods, principles and practices and familiarity with all engineering disciplines and architecture.
2. Knowledge of construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with Federal, state and local codes and regulations.
3. Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
4. Knowledge of design, job planning, and cost estimating for the trades and crafts involved in the execution of program operations with a focus in structural and architectural areas.
5. Ability to plan, conduct, and record site/facility surveys and inspections.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret