Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Professional registration or license
The individual occupational requirement (IOR) typically provide at least two methods for applicants to meet the basic requirements of the occupations covered by this standard:
Applicants who meet the basic requirements described in the individual occupational requirements are fully qualified for the specified entry grade (generally grade GS-5). Applicants who wish to qualify for positions at higher grade levels (generally grade GS-7 and above) must meet the basic requirement as well as additional requirements reflected.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05. Examples of specialized experience include determining standards for construction and maintenance of real property. Conducting condition surveys. Making recommendations for development and improvement of facilities. Preparing preliminary and final construction plans and specifications. Performing cost estimation.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07. Examples of specialized experience include evaluating and recommending programs as necessary in coordination with other engineering specialties for their repair, reconstruction, and re-use to meet the requirements of various base functions. Prepares architect-engineer statement of work and fee estimates. Review preliminary and final electrical engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9. Examples of specialized experience include designing projects to accomplish minor construction, repair, or renovation of base facilities and/or facility systems such as electrical service, electrical distribution, electrical protection and fire and security alarms.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices and extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture; a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices and techniques, materials and equipment to ensure work is in compliance with regulations and standards; and the operations, products, services, needs, and goals of O&M programs and assigned organization and related customers, functions, resources and users.
2. Knowledge of standard contracting regulations; practices and procedures; and work classifications and the regulatory and statutory restrictions on the expenditures' of appropriated and non-appropriated funds.
3. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions.
4. Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements as outlines in applicable standards, regulations, and/or technical orders.
5. Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and management; and of environmental principles, practices, procedure, laws, regulations and current legislative issues.
6. Ability to plan, conduct and record site/facility surveys and inspections; research, analyze, interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret