The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled, These positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
GS-12: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level. Specialized experience is experience which may have been gained while performing day-to-day control and management involving the formulation, execution and/or analysis of organizations audit requirements.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level. Examples: Reviews Air Force and AFAA policies nad instructions to determine compliance with and proper implementation of governing Federal laws, Air Force regulations, and AFAA directives.
GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level. Examples: Reviews Air Force and AFAA policies nad instructions to determine compliance with and proper implementation of governing Federal laws, Air Force regulations, and AFAA directives.
GS-15: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level. Examples: Reviews Air Force and AFAA policies nad instructions to determine compliance with and proper implementation of governing Federal laws, Air Force regulations, and AFAA directives.
General Schedule Qualification Standards:
Group Coverage Qualification Standards - Professional and Scientific Positions:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Professional comprehensive knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and practices of accounting
- Knowledge of current trend an developments in the auditing profession with the government
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, agency practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; conduct interviews; and maintain good working relationships
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Assists in the plans, organization, and oversight of audit operations
- Reviews Air Force and AFAA policies and instructions to determine compliance
- Develops and recommends audit policy, in accordance with Comptroller General and Agency standards
- Facilitates the AFAA's organization mission to provided management with quality audit services