SUPERVISOR, SUPPORT SERVICES
6 days left
- Full Time
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field, and experience in performing varied administrative and fiscal control duties; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts of business administration as applied to management of support services including knowledge of budgeting, purchasing, personnel, and supply management
- Ability to analyze data and operations in terms of management controls, systems and procedures, and to implement changes accordingly; to establish program or service procedures, policies and guidelines, and to relate these to objectives; to provide management and supervision to the office of Support Services, Administration Building Operations Office and Distribution Center staff
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills
The Support Services Supervisor is responsible to the Director of Support Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Support Services Supervisor is a leadership position responsible for administrative functions within the Office of Support Services. This position is responsible for the oversight and management of the Administration Building Operations Office, the Distribution Center, management of lease purchase funds and management of the Property Improvement Review Team. This position requires a highly motivated individual who can identify challenges and division needs independently and implement procedures and practices effectively to accomplish complex tasks and successful outcomes of projects.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management, supervision, and direction of the Administration Building Operations Office, which includes but is not limited to; daily operation, maintence and cleaning of the administration building, management of the central office mailroom, management of the central office copy center and management of the school board rooms including all audio video equipment.
- Management, supervision, and direction of the Distribution Center, which includes but is not limited to; planning and procurement of system wide school furnishings, paper, the online public surplus auction and the management of the system wide internal mail system.
- Management of the Property Improvement Review Team to review, analyze and coordinate staff recommendations for approval or denial of any improvements or modifications to LCPS buildings and grounds.
- Support the Director of Support Services with the development and implementation of the budget for the Office of Support Services and management of the database for the Department of Support Services’ overall budget.
- Support the Director of Support Services with the management of system wide administrative space utilization, including the central administration building and all remote and ancillary facilities either owned or leased by Loudoun County Public Schools.
- Management of the Support Services Leadership Academy in conjunction with the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development.
- Performs related work as required
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -