FACILITIES FINANCIAL COORDINATOR
2 days left
- Full Time
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business, accounting or related field, and a minimum of five years of successful supervisory experience in financial management.
- Possess knowledge of the theory, principles, practices and techniques of public sector accounting and financial management systems, or the equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the appropriate knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Good human relations, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
Employee reports to the Director of Facilities Services
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 15 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Facilities Financial Coordinator performs specialized work providing supervision, management and analysis in both detailed and summary reporting situations, as well as coordinating department interdependencies. Manages the financial resources for multiple Facilities Services offices included are Maintenance Operations, Custodial Operations, Facilities Contracts Management, Energy Management, and Environmental, Safety & Occupational Health. The incumbent will also support the planning, management and review of programs that support the financial activities of Facilities Services, as well as provide recommendations for design, implementation and assessment of programs or activities related to program financial operations. Interacts as necessary with the Director to assess priorities in a fast-paced work environment to provide the maximum financial management support to Facilities Services stakeholders. Duties are primarily high-level administrative as well as technical. Work is performed independently and requires excellent judgment and the ability to make expert interpretations of policies, practices and regulations. The incumbent will represent the Director when necessary.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, maintains and verifies internal controls established for recording invoiced accounts receivable and revenues received.
- Communicates through written reports and in person with department heads regarding program reviews and recommendations that support opportunities for continued business improvement.
- Incorporates analysis of historical and current expenditures, as well as future requirements to provide budget projections for the current fiscal year and subsequent budgetary periods.
- Assigns, leads and prepares monthly expenditure, utilities and overtime projections for Facilities Services by specified classifications.
- Reviews and provides feedback to management related to accounts payable transaction documentation for payments and purchase cards, and the appropriate use of current LCPS procurement methods for goods and services.
- Oversees Facilities Services staff to provide appropriate records retention to ensure compliance with Federal and State requirements and School Board policies and procedures.
- Coordinates workflow with Business and Financial Services staff, recommends changes as necessary, and prepares special analyses and financial reviews as assigned by the Director of Facilities Services.
- Demonstrates high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence and discretion.
- Performs supervisory duties for assigned Facilities Services financial management personnel and other staff.
- Performs related work as required.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -