Graphic Design - Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Graphic Design. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach one - two classes per semester in the Graphic Design program including Fundamentals of Graphic Design and/or Digital Tools for the Visual Arts
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• At least five years experience in Graphic Design, including print and web.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Must have a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
• Strong knowledge of Typography.
• Masters Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
• At least one year teaching experience at the college level.
• Include a link to a web portfolio or attach a pdf portfolio to your cover letter.
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.