Outside Sales - Account Executive
This position is an immediate need, and the ideal candidate will be able to start on/before August 28th!
"Work Smarter. Not Harder." If you believe in this quote, this very well may NOT be the best opportunity for you. This opportunity is only for the driven Account Executive who is ready to work BOTH Smarter AND Harder. We are NOT looking for self-proclaimed "rainmakers" or "rock stars," but we are seeking reliable/trustworthy disciplined, self-motivated and highly competitive candidates to join our sales team.
Does this describe you as an Account Executive?
- You have two years (or more, more is good!) of experience hitting a quota. Frankly, you are pretty amazing at it. That's because you're confident, not cocky.
- You are the most resilient person you know. Even though you get a "no" 90 times out of 100 that you stop by, dial, text, or e-mail a potential client, you focus on the 10 times you get a "yes."
- You don't rest on your laurels. You know that in addition to putting in the time, you have to keep your professional selling skills sharp. And hey, we have a Talent Development Specialist (he's been both an Account Exec and a Manager) to help with this!
- You're competitive. Maybe you played sports, maybe you just have to win every single round of Pictionary/Cards Against Humanity/Candyland against your friends and family. You like to win. (But seriously, maybe let the under 5 set win Candyland.)
We're TML, A Xerox Company. We help companies save money and time by improving how they print, scan, and manage files. Does that sound boring? Well, consider this: a gallon of printer ink costs the same as 387 gallons of gas, 318 cups of coffee from Starbucks, or 14 tickets to Disneyland. Companies need help using our products and services to manage these costs, and as a Sales Account Executive, you're the hero that will make it happen. Our hardware and software does amazing things: did you know you can now scan a document, pick one of forty languages, and you'll get a printed, translated document in a matter of minutes?
We should also mention that we think we're a great place to work. But don't take our word for it: The Human Rights Campaign Foundation just named us a best place to work for the 15th year. We're one of only five companies the EPA has named a Corporate Leader. And The Ethisphere Institute has awarded us the designation as a World's Most Ethical Company for a decade--only fourteen other companies have that honor.
Back to you. Here's what our successful Account Execs do (you know, the ones that make six figures and go on the President's Club Trip every year):
- Rack up a huge amount of quality activity: strategic stop-bys, e-mails, mailers, and phone calls. We keep it interesting by doing friendly competition blitzes (with cash & prizes, of course) and pairing up in the field (you + a Specialist or Sales Director or Sales Trainer) for maximum success. This is a 30% current customer/70% net new assignment, so building your pipeline through activity is HUGE.
- Track all of the above with our Sales CRM app. Smart reps put the app to work for them, so it basically becomes an electronic personal assistant.
- Sell our hardware and software by either doing a trial at the client's site, or by inviting them to our office for a demo, tour, and lunch. Also: free lunch!
- Bring 2+ years of solid performance in an environment with a quota. We especially want to talk to you if you've been successful at Enterprise Holdings, Paychex, Ricoh, Konica, Sharp, high-end retail, selling in the automotive industry, or playing sports. Hint: this is obviously a true hunter sales position and while farmers are great, those more inclined to babysit accounts that were already landed by others won't love it.
Because this is a tough job, we offer some amazing benefits:
- A better-than-industry-average base salary, since we know steady income is important
- UNCAPPED COMMISSION (yes, you read that right)
- $300/month car allowance since you'll be a road warrior
- A healthy match (75% of every dollar, up to 6%) to your 401(k) after your first year of service
- A dedicated Admin Support team that our current Account Execs rave about
- Full medical/dental/vision and so much more!
Want to chat about your career goals and see if this is a good fit? Click apply, and if your resume proves that you have success achieving a quota (our hiring manager is looking for $ and %) as well as staying power, we'll be in touch to get the conversation started. In fact, we think you're on to something pretty great.