Manager, Trial Advocacy Education
AAJ Education is seeking a Manager, Trial Advocacy Education.
The Manager, Trial Advocacy Education is responsible for the day-to-day planning and execution of continuing legal education programs focused on developing and improving attorney’s trial advocacy skills.
The Manager works closely with AAJ volunteer faculty and course advisors, other AAJ staff, and third party vendors to plan program content, review marketing materials, organize and manage onsite logistics, and oversee program execution. This position requires attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team, experience handling multiple projects at one time, positive attitude, willingness to think outside the box, and strong professional judgement. This position oversees the Program Coordinator and works frequently with AAJ staff from across the organization.
This position is based out of Washington, DC. Frequent travel and occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Programming Planning and Content Development:
- Host planning calls with AAJ members
- Draft program plans and agendas, ensuring compliance with AAJ policies
- Communicate program logistics and requirements with faculty
- Work with other AAJ staff to identify potential venues and review contracts and banquet orders and ensure program plans are economically responsible
- Coordinate with education and marketing staff to prepare program descriptions, promote programs, and review marketing materials
Onsite Program Execution:
- Travel to programs held around the country and serve as the face of AAJ to faculty and members at Education programs
- Meet with hotel and other facility staff to review program logistics
- Manage and train other AAJ staff traveling to programs
- Ensure registration and onsite logistics run smoothly and are in compliance with AAJ rules and standards
- Support faculty presentations, including assisting with technical questions or issues and troubleshooting problems independently
- Follow-up with faculty, course advisors, and participants as needed
- Review hotel invoices and prepare financial summaries
- Oversee a Program Coordinator
- Support AAJ at Conventions and other events as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
-Minimum of three to five years work experience required; graduate degree may be substituted for some work experience
-Strong computer/technical skills required
-Strong proofreading skills required; writing and editing experience preferred and experience drafting marketing materials a plus
-Event, program, or education planning experience strongly preferred; event or program planning experience in a non-profit, legal organization, or association a plus
-Willingness to travel (approximately 20%)
-Legal experience through education or employment history a plus
-A strong commitment to the preservation of the civil justice system required
For more information about AAJ, visit our website: www.justice.org. Please email a resume and cover letter to HR@justice.org or fax to 202.333.2861. The mailing address is American Association for Justice, 777 6th St. NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001. EOE
Apply for Manager, Trial Advocacy Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly