Executive Director, Business and Auxiliary Services
The Executive Director, Business and Auxiliary Services position will manage the development, operations and facilities of the auxiliary services units for the University. The Executive Director position reports to the Senior Associate Vice President, Division of Operations.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director, Business and Auxiliary Services include:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of the business & auxiliary services unit, including but not limited to third party contract management for a variety of service contracts (GW bookstore, mail services, laundry, and other ancillary functions), the GWorld card program, Transportation Services and Parking Services and associated contracted functions, and Campus Retail leases.
• Responsibilities include providing day-to-day oversight of activities in all areas under purview and ensuring contract partners’ operations meet contract terms and objectives.
• Develops operations and business plans for campus auxiliaries and closely tracks financial performance and contract compliance to minimize institutional risk and maximize financial support from auxiliaries.
• Ensures continuous improvement of all aspects of business and auxiliary services and leads the development and implementation of new contracts to provide services to the campus community.
• Ensures that all business and auxiliary units are functioning successfully and are self-sustaining, including meeting revenue and university contribution targets.
• Works collaboratively with internal customers and collaborators to ensure that auxiliary offerings are anticipating and responding to evolving customer needs.
• Provides strategic planning, policy review, formulation and execution of budgets and business plans, financial management, workforce management and overall administration of business & auxiliary units.
• Assures quality services are delivered by business and auxiliary unit staff and contractor partners through a variety of means and serves as the senior administrator to handle escalation of key service and customer relations issues.
• Serves as a member of the senior staff of the Division of Operations and engages in strategic planning and initiatives at the division-wide level.
• Participates in university committees and working groups as a representative of the department, division or unit.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 10 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 8 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Degree in Business, or closely related field.
Experience in Higher Education preferred.
To Apply, please visit: http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/45105.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.