The Genetics Society of America seeks a .Net Developer to join our dynamic IT department. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic and creative developer to join the organization and play a critical role in the future growth of the organization technology roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and forward-thinking developer with 2+ years’ experience using Microsoft Technologies. They will have knowledge of standard development concepts and best practices. They must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, tests and analyzes database driven web applications written in C# and .Net to ensure system compatibilities.
- Creates and updates standard compliant Web APIs based on business requirements to streamline data exchange with third parties software.
- Maintains database tables and enforces data integrity to maximize optimization in database related operations.
- Creates, maintains and executes database SQL scripts on a regular basis and provides ad-hoc reports on membership and conference registration analysis.
- Documents projects and applications, and follows the programming standards, procedures and policies defined.
Positions may be reassigned and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in database driven application development in .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
- 2+ years of experience working with MySQL and/or MS SQL Server (Stored Procedures, Reporting Services)
- 2+ years of experience implementing Web APIs utilizing WCF, XML and JSON
- Ability to design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
- Experience with front-end framework such as Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting / Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience and familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with Sphinx and Elastic/Lucene is a plus
- Desire to expand knowledge and experience and commitment to continuous learning
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The Genetics Society of America founded in 1931 and located in Bethesda, Maryland, is the professional membership organization for scientific researchers and educators in the field of genetics worldwide. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.genetics-gsa.org.