Systems Engineer (w/ Polygraph)
Seeking a motivated resource to support an enterprise web application. Duties are varied and the selected candidate will have a chance to impact all aspects of developing the tool by engaging and coordinating with: customers, development and reporting teams, business partners and security. The candidate will maintain application and interface documentation. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining system certifications. The candidate will provide first-tier customer support, handling production help desk issues and providing on-site support, if necessary. The candidate will deliver demonstrations and training. The candidate will help drive initial requirements development and will need to possess or gain extensive knowledge of the application and data sources. The candidate will assist the development team providing internal testing support and requirements verification. The candidate will lead data assurance and analysis efforts. The candidate will use SQL clients, Cognos reports, and Excel to analyze application and interface data to detect or troubleshoot issues.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Active/Current TS-SCI-FSP security clearance required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters Degree preferred.
-Experience gathering and communicating requirements for a team of software developers
- Experience and familiarity with Agile Development Best Practices
- Experience and familiarity using Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, JIRA, SharePoint, WordPress, and Captivate
- ScrumMaster experience desired
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.