Field Engineer (w/Polygraph)
<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark">ÈB;</span><span id="__caret">_</span>
This position requires extensive OCONUS travel (up to 40%) to include conflict zones.
The incumbent will support the customer's system build and test requirements. On-site build and test activities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of tactical communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Uncrating, set-up, and build-out of new equipment
- Hardware and software configuration and customization of tactical packages
- System integration and testing of built packages
- Pack-out and shipment of the complete packages
- Removal and appropriate disposal of any old or excess communications and computer equipment, hard drives, memory, and video cards
- Preparation of customer tactical and liaison communication system documentation
- Conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation
- Drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Training of onsite customer personnel on developed and installed packages
- Test, inspection, verification of all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.