Principal Engineer, Systems - TS/SCI
7 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Installation, configuration, and deployment of mission systems.
- Installation and configuration of storage platforms.
- Candidates should be familiar with Windows and Linux systems as well as IP networking concepts.
- Familiarity with Red Hat Linux.
- Experience troubleshooting and rapidly resolving problems.
- Strong technical writing skills are essential.
- Familiarity with deployable communications packages and program is a major plus.
- Familiarity with the DCGS-A platform and NATO systems a major plus.
- Travel requirements up to 10% of the time.