Technology Transfer Analyst
6 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Technology Transfer Analyst to join our team to support the US Army Medical Material and Research Command – Office of Technology Transfer. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland. You will have a key role in collaborating with the team to deliver excellent support to our client! Job Duties Performs complex administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.A. Internal Operations.
- Present as part of a professional team of technology transfer and legal personnel for training USAMRMC scientific and administrative staff on broad-based technology transfer issues including.
- Prepare and present briefings for MEDCOM and USAMRMC.
- Prepare reports for Army and DoD on MEDCOM technology transfer activities and results.
- Research, prepare and submit nominations for regional and national awards for inventors, technologies and technology transfer successes.
- Analyze and prepare annual budget submission expenditures.
- Train and monitor junior technology transfer
- Research, gather and summarize background material in preparation for USAMRMC ORTA license negotiations with prospective licensees.
- Develop proposals for initial and subsequent positions for license negotiations, including financial terms and conditions, for use by ORTA government personnel. Engage in initial license Prepare a wide variety of license agreement documents, including Commercial Evaluation, Internal Use, Biological Materials, Nonexclusive and, Exclusive, from initial draft to final signature-ready.
- Monitor timeliness and accuracy of financial payments and report submissions required by licenses. Execute complex calculation regarding royalty shares to inventors and laboratories. Interface with Defense Finance Accounting System (DFAS) on tracking and handling license payments in accordance with in accordance with statute (15 USC 3710c) and DoD Instruction (DoD Instruction 8).
- Correspond and coordinate with prospective research and development partners pertaining to strategic development of technology and negotiate, prepare and execute the statement of work and resulting CRADAs, MTAs, NDAs and/or IAAs as
- Search for companies qualifying as prospective licensees using publically available sources, subscription access data bases, professional, scientific and business organizations, placement of notices in appropriate media, etc. Contact companies to promote partnerships with the commercial sector. Provide materials, information and opportunities regarding USAMRMC technologies available for licensing, and facilities, operations and capabilities available for collaborative research.Engage in initial discussions with said prospective partners to encourage and facilitate further interactions leading to formation of a partnership.Exercise overall responsibility for management of USAMRMC technology transfer activities at technology trade shows.Manage the USAMRMC Technology Transfer website. Develop web-based marketing campaigns for featured technologies and capabilities. Ensure content is up to date, accurate and appropriate. Develop marketing materials, both hard copy (e.g., CDs, DVDs, brochures, handouts) and web based, to promote technology transfer opportunities with USAMRMC laboratories.Select technologies for preparation of marketing factsheets. Assign, direct and monitor factsheet writers to ensure delivery of useful factsheets in a timely manner. Engage inventors in the factsheet preparation and review process.
- Write articles for release to and/or publication in a variety of news outlets on MEDCOM technology transfer success opportunities, activities and success stories: e.g., inventions made, licenses and research collaborations executed, product development milestones achieved, products commercialized.Liaison to USAMRMC Public Affairs Office (PAO). Propose and conduct joint projects with PAO that promote UASMRMC and its technology transfer activities and opportunities.Actively represent MRMC within technology transfer organizations to generate and maintain USAMRMC brand awareness.Represent USAMRMC in regional, state and local activities that promote economic development through technology transfer. Identify, contact and coordinate joint economic development activities with appropriate organizations. Promote USAMRMC technologies and partnerships that benefit both Army and civilian populations
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, marketing or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience in technology transfer, marketing, and licensing.
- 5-8 years of related finance or business analysis experience.