Administration and Program Management Specialist
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" mean a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is make satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
Post-secondary students may be noncompetitively converted to a career or career-conditional appointment within 120 days of successful completion of their academic program requirements.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except that in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Position may be subject to Administrative Careers with America (ACWA) Assessment
GS-05: Three years of general experience, one year for which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which may consist of basic principles of administration, program support and management of organizations or related fields; learn basic techniques in administration, program support and management of organizations.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-05 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes work that involved analytical research and evaluation of diversified programs; development, administration and control of assigned projects; ability to access, locate, basic design, and update information through the use of personal computer technology.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-07 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes providing administrative work for programs and/or projects; analyze program requirements and solves problems; develop the organizational support and capabilities; coordinate budget preparation and develop plans for projects.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-09 in the federal service which includes applying methods, techniques and skill in the development of programs; governing rules and regulations, correspondence formats, and program requirements to analyze the needs and effectiveness of the program/project.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of administrative and management administration to include work flow analysis methods, tools and techniques, data types, methodologies, techniques, procedures, processes and systems as they related to the function, mission, capabilities and role of the Administration and Program position.
2. Knowledge of personnel, budget, security and office processes.
3. Skill in analyzing, planning, organizing and coordinating work.
4. Skill in oral written communication.
5. Skill in using computer systems, networks and applications.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Term Appointments: If you are selected for a term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number. Read more Security clearance Secret