Administration and Program Management Specialist
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" mean a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is make satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
Post-secondary students may be noncompetitively converted to a career or career-conditional appointment within 120 days of successful completion of their academic program requirements.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except that in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
GS-05: Three years of general experience, one year for which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which may consist of basic principles of administration, program support and management of organizations or related fields; learn basic techniques in administration, program support and management of organizations.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-05 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes work that involved analytical research and evaluation of diversified programs; development, administration and control of assigned projects; ability to access, locate, basic design, and update information through the use of personal computer technology.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-07 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes providing administrative work for programs and/or projects; analyze program requirements and solves problems; develop the organizational support and capabilities; coordinate budget preparation and develop plans for projects.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-09 in the federal service which includes applying methods, techniques and skill in the development of programs; governing rules and regulations, correspondence formats, and program requirements to analyze the needs and effectiveness of the program/project.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of administrative and management administration to include work flow analysis methods, tools and techniques, data types, methodologies, techniques, procedures, processes and systems as they related to the function, mission, capabilities and role of the Administration and Program position.
2. Knowledge of personnel, budget, security and office processes.
3. Skill in analyzing, planning, organizing and coordinating work.
4. Skill in oral written communication.
5. Skill in using computer systems, networks and applications.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Position may be subject to Administrative Careers with America (ACWA) Assessment
- Provide identification and define administrative requirements of specific technical, training, exercise and support areas for different programs and projects.
- Develop budget projections for organizational support and capabilities for specific projects.
- Research, identify, and analyze program requirements and problems for projected and planned programs.
- Plan, prepare and conduct analysis to facilitate completion of long range planning documents and develop all aspects of the functional areas organizational support and capabilities.
- Develop and coordinate budget preparation guidance with the upper level managers; and develop effective management plans for assigned projects.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11). There may be promotion potential above the GS-11 or equivalent.