EEO Specialist (DEU)
The selectee of this position will primarily draft procedural Agency Decisions, and analyze Reports of Investigation and prepare Final Agency Decisions on the merits of complaints of discrimination filed by Department employees and applicants for employment. As an EEO Specialist (Adjudicator), the selectee will be assigned a mix of cases, including cases that are complex and sensitive, and requires substantial skill and independent judgment. The incumbent may also be requested to conduct complex or sensitive discrimination complaint investigations as needed.
A probationary period may be required.
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion (MAP) vacancy number: OS/OCR-2017-0004. Applicants who wish to be considered under MAP and DE must apply to both vacancies separately.
- Not Required
You must possess 52 weeks of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibilty equivalent to the GS-12 grade level that has equipped you with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as experience which should include work activities such as, but not limited to:
- Applying laws, policies, regulations, Executive Orders, case law precedent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board and Federal Courts;
- Utilizing problem solving techniques to address complex issues And
- Planning short and long range program goals and objectives.
This position and/or series do not have an educational requirement.
Time-after-competitive-appointment restrictions apply.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Public Trust/Background Investigation. Any required investigations and clearances must be completed before the selectee can be placed in the position.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Major Duties: The incumbent of this position will be expected to fully perform the following duties: listed below:
- Reviewing formal complaints of discrimination for procedural and jurisdictional compliance.
- Drafting Notices of Acceptances and Procedural Final Agency Decisions.
- Drafting Final Agency Decisions and Final Orders or the merits of EEO complaints.