Financial Administration and Program
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
For DHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for the Department of Defense for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified post-secondary students and recent graduates directly into competitive service positions; these positions may be professional or administrative occupations and are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
*** The term "Current post-secondary student" mean a person who is currently enrolled in, and in good academic standing at a full-time program at an institution of higher education; and is make satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate or graduate degree; and has completed at least one year of the program.
*** The term "recent graduate" means a person who was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education not more than two years before the date of the appointment of such person, except that in the case of a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniform service of more than four years.
For Direct Hire Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
GS-05: Three years of general experience, one year of which was equivalent to at least the GS-04 level or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of general experience include the ability to analyze problems to identify factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-05 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes basic knowledge of the policies, principles, concepts, guidance, procedures, techniques, and methodologies pertaining to analysis of financial data.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-07 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes knowledge of the requirements, techniques, procedures, and practices of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-09 in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes skill in formulating, justifying, and/or analyzing financial requirements of the assigned program; knowledge of the policies, principles, concepts, guidance, procedures, techniques, and methodologies pertaining to analysis of financial data.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the policies, principles, concepts, guidance, procedures, techniques, and methodologies pertaining to analysis of financial data.
2. Knowledge of DoD acquisition requirements, development, and approval processes.
3. Knowledge of the requirements, techniques, procedures, and practices of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
4. Skill in formulating, justifying, and/or analyzing financial requirements of the assigned program.
5. Ability to communicate, plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data using financial systems to prepare budget estimates, develop alteranatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Formulates, establishes, and implements financial management policies, instructions, and procedures on all matters relating to programming, budgeting, funding, forecasting, and status of funds.
- Responsible for all aspects of the formulation, development, and execution of budgets, financial plans, and multi-year programs required to properly fund and meet program resource requirements.
- Provides financial management and advisory oversight of expenditures to ensure propriety and compliance with financial, fiscal and auditing directives specific to the life cycle management.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-11). There may be promotion potential above the GS-11 or equivalent.