Research Assistant - Department of Psychology, Georgetown College
7 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant, Department of Psychology - Georgetown College
Georgetown's Department of Psychology is home to a diverse and collaborative community of scholars who conduct research in psychology, neuroscience, and public policy, and who teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. Research by Faculty in the Department of Psychology - from basic science investigations of behavior and brain function to applications for public policy - is directed at Georgetown University's goal of creating and communicating knowledge in the service of the common good.
The Research Assistant provides administrative and research support to the Principal Investigator and graduate students in the department's Mathematical Brain Lab.
- Conducts design and administration of laboratory studies
- Performs data management and analysis.
- Provides general facilitation of various research projects.
- Engages in the Psychology Department's broader community - for example, attending Colloquia and pertinent social events.
- Works in tandem with graduate students when assisting them with their specific research projects, responding to their requirements as needed.
- Ensures coordination for some projects that include multiple undergraduate volunteers
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or Neuroscience
- Competency in MS Word and Excel
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a research team
- Willingness and aptitude for acquiring new technical skills
- Ability to take a longer view that spans multiple projects, and to help coordinate the efforts of undergraduate volunteers with the aims of graduate students and the overall goals of the lab
- Behavioral research experience
- Ability to think creatively and flexibly about various research challenges
Salary range $30,000-$33,000.
Applicants selected for interview will be asked to provide letters of recommendation.
This is a term position ending on or about 9/30/2018. Ample opportunity for the development of technical skills - computing, statistical and neuroimaging - will be provided post-hire.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.