Program Director, Master of Professional Studies in Emergency and Disaster Management - School for
Program Director, Master of Professional Studies in Emergency and Disaster Management - School for Continuing Studies
The Program Director is central to the design, management and assessment of the Master of Professional Studies in Emergency & Disaster Management Program, as well as the attendant reputation of the program. S/he manages and provides support to the program and is critical to the successful day-to-day functions and the long-term vision of the program. S/he leads the areas of implementation and management, management of the student experience (prospective and current students), and overall program management. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assesses the effectiveness of the curriculum (including both online and onsite portions), and ensures they are as beneficial to the students as possible.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations and processes of the programs run effectively and efficiently.
- Plans and coordinates all logistical aspects of five onsite, week-long intensive programs throughout the year (two in Washington, DC; one each in Livermore, CA, New Orleans, LA, and Doha, Qatar).
- Provides critical support in both short- and long-term strategic planning, including industry outreach, as the program continues to progress.
- Communicates directly with individuals within the University and external to Georgetown, to include the University at large and industry experts; and serves as the lead contact with the Registrar's Office, Office of International Programs, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts.
- Solely manages administrative aspects of student enrollment, including but not limited to student records and data, electronic and in-person communication with students about enrollment and registration, course management and add/drop process, and all functions that ensure an efficient and orderly student matriculation and registration process.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years in a professional environment - experience in project administration, management, and /or in an academic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and writing abilities
- A commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Organized and efficient, with strong interpersonal skills likely to have a positive effect on the success of the programs
- Self-starter with the ability to work well with others and deliver under tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating/planning events or travel
- Experience with the emergency management/services sector
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.