Administrative Coordinator, Strategy & Marketing Department and Office of the Dean - School of Cont
Administrative Coordinator, Strategy & Marketing Department and Office of the Dean - School of Continuing Studies
The Administrative Coordinator facilitates the efficient functioning and growth of the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies with a focus on administrative support for 5 -10 senior executives within the Strategy & Marketing Department and Office of the Dean. S/he helps senior staff with a variety of administrative tasks, and organizes efficient day-to-day departmental operations. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing, the Administrative Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Administrative Support for Senior Associate Dean, Deputy Dean, Chief of Staff, CFO, and Executive Director of Marketing
- Schedules SCS and cross campus meetings and manage calendars.
- Drafts correspondence.
- Reconciles ProCards.
- Arranges travel.
- Manages event logistics
Marketing Department Initiatives
- Plans and manages schedules and tasks for long- and short-term initiatives.
- Manages components of the annual and mid-year strategic planning process.
- Manages the marketing communications planning cycle calendar.
- Writes and edits proposals, presentations, and other administrative documents, visuals, and materials.
- Supports the RFP, competitive bidding, and contracting process.
- Manages conference proposals and awards submissions activities.
- Organizes department assets and files.
- Assists with annual budget preparation.
- Reconciles monthly accounting records and monitor budget.
- Prepares monthly internal financial reports for the department.
- Prepares year-end budget report.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and detail orientation
- A good communicator with excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and consultative skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative and team oriented approach
- Prepared to represent the senior staff by providing high levels of service with confidentiality, professionalism, and a positive attitude
- Professionalism and discretion necessary to handle sensitive information regarding budgets and financials
- A friendly, customer service-oriented demeanor and willingness to answer questions and solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced computer skills, including MS Word and Excel, and familiarity with data reporting principles
- At least 2 years of administrative or financial analyst experience or related experience
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize projects and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute projects on time and budget
- Experience in higher education field
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.