Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Institute for Immigration Research Program Coordinator
The George Mason University Center for Social Science Research, within the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, invites applicants to apply for the position of Program Coordinator to support the Institute for Immigration Research (IIR). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships with consumers from various nonprofits and government entities to promote the IIR mission;
- Develop and implement current and new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the IIR mission by facilitating contact with university faculty, affiliates, and graduate fellows; along with external entities from nonprofits and government entities;
- Monitors, reviews and coordinates internal research projects and shares relevant external research on immigrants and immigration policy in cooperation with the Director, faculty associates, and graduate fellows;
- Initiates and exercises effective methods of communication by fostering open channels of communication among IIR staff and graduate fellows;
- Manages IIR social media presences and serves as the media representative for IIR in conjunction with the IIR Director and Postdoctoral Fellow; and
- Produces and publishes progress reports in addition to other written and oral products reporting the ongoing research projects and achievements of the IIR.
- B.A. or B.S., or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; and
- Proficiency in computer usage.
- Experience working with an immigrant or refugee serving organization; and
- Fluency in a second language other than English.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 10464z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :