Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Billing Specialist for our corporate billing department to prepare government, commercial and private foundation client invoices.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Generating monthly invoices
• Reviewing and resolving unbilled and not-paid amounts
• Maintaining up to date accounts receivable reports
• Generating and designing monthly financial reports
• Completing closeouts and other associated reconciliations
The desired candidate must possess knowledge of Federal contract types including: firm fixed price, cost reimbursement, and time and materials; have experience preparing bills using Deltek Cospoint's billing module; ability to resolve payment issues; have outstanding verbal and written communications skills; be detail-oriented, and self-motivated to learn.
• A bachelor's degree
• 2 years of billing experience in a federal contracting environment
• A degree in accounting or business
• Experience with billing HHS contracts and federal billing systems such as IPP and WAWF
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health,Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as wellas other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.