Systems Administrator I - CCRP
Provides Microsoft Windows system administration, application and support to users, software maintenance for Windows and Linux workstations and servers, and basic computer/network troubleshooting.
1. Provides day-to-day administration of Microsoft Windows systems, including updates, configuration, and user accounts.
2. Performs first-tier troubleshooting functions for Microsoft Windows and Linux systems, including password resets, software installs, and printer diagnostics.
3. Provides systems support for network troubleshooting and initiatives.
4. Performs first-tier support for applications such as email, web browsers, certificates, and office suites.
5. Performs software and data imports, including data transfer, configuration, compilation and installation of software packages in Microsoft Windows and Linux environments.
6. Handles issues in an organized and timely fashion through both email and ticketing systems.
7. Documents system changes and compliance measures.
8. Responds to critical incidents both during and after hours.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field.
• One year minimum experience in Microsoft Windows system administration including familiarity with WSUS and group policies. Have or be able to obtain relevant Microsoft certifications.
• Experience with Linux system administration is desired.
• Willing to learn new technology and grow in this position.
• Ability to attain within one year and maintain security certifications required by DoD Directive 8570.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
• Must be willing to work occasional hours outside of a regular schedule.
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearances required by government sponsor.