Assistant Director of Communications
The American Institute for Cancer Research is currently searching for an Assistant Director of Communications. This position will develop and execute communications strategies and digital communications that deploy organizational channels such as e-publications, blog, newsletter and external channels,( traditional and social media), to ensure that information has the best chance of getting to the right audiences. You will manage AICR press outreach and media relations program, oversee the AICR website for a cohesive, visually appealing and user friendly web presence and produce program related content.
This is a challenging opportunity for an exceptional writer who will hold primary responsibility for producing communications and content tailored to all audiences, including scientific, general public and donor.
Qualifications & job experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing
- At least 6 -8 years’ experience in journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related field.
- At least of 2 – 3 years’ experience in science, nutrition or health care fields.
- Proven experience in developing and executing effective communications strategies required, including cultivating strong media relations
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality content on tight deadlines; ability to write in various traditional and digital forms, including press releases, newswriting, promotional writing, blogging, opinion writing, writing for web
- Expert knowledge of AP writing style; impeccable grammar and spelling and strong editing skills
- Experience in web, online publishing and e-mail marketing; good eye for visual display of information & design
- Proficiency with CMS, Word, Excel and PPt.
- Interviewing skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills needed, especially to develop relationships both internally and externally
Interested candidates should send cover letter with salary requirements, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.